Step 1) Adding a game
First you need to add a game by clicking on the Games link in the left hand navigation menu followed by clicking Add New Game.
Step 2) Providing your game details
You will now be asked to provide the game title (this can be anything that will help you recognise the game, it can be changed at any time in the future).
Now enter the URLs to each respective app stores where your game is live. These are optional fields so they can be added at a later date.
Once done, hit Save.
Step 3) Find your game ID
A unique game ID will be generated for every game after you have saved your game details (See image below).
Step 4) Implementing the More Gamers SDK into your game
Download the latest version of the More Gamers SDK for the platform your game was built in.
- Unity3D - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/unity-sdk/archive/master.zip
- Adobe Air - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/adobe-air-sdk/archive/master.zip
- Android - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/android-sdk/archive/master.zip
- iOS - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/ios-sdk/archive/master.zip
Follow the SDK integration guide for the games platform
- Unity3D - http://www.moregamers.com/documentation/unity/index.html
- Adobe Air - http://www.moregamers.com/documentation/air/index.html
- Android - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/android-sdk
- iOS - http://www.moregamers.com/https://github.com/moregamers/ios-sdk
Use our sample banners as a guide to where to place the banners inside your game
Step 5) Publish your game to the app stores
Now that your have successfully implemented the More Gamers SDK, go ahead and publish your game to the app stores.
When your game is live, we highly recommend that you edit your game and update the app store URLs for your game. Doing this will tell us where to send users when they click on your banner.
To edit your game, visit the game edit page by clicking on Games > View Games > Game Title.
Enter the app store URLs as shown below. If you need help with how to format the URLs, please refer to question 12 on our FAQ page.
Once you are done, click Save.
Step 6) Adding your game banner
Please follow our strict guidelines when creating your banner:
- Provide two banner sizes (450x450 and 525x140)
- Banners must not be animated
- Supported formats: JPG, PNG and GIF
- Banners must not be misleading
- Banners must not contain suggestive or adult content
From the More Gamers console, click on the Banners option on the left hand navigation menu and click on Add New Banner.
Follow these simple steps:
- Upload both banner sizes
Select your game from the dropdown menu
Set the Weight for your banner.
The higher the weight value, the higher the priority your banner has to be shown. For example: If you have three banners, and you assign weights 10, 20, and 30 to them respectively, the second banner will be shown twice as often as the first, and the third will be shown thrice as often as the first.
A banners weight cannot be negative. If all banner weights are equal then all banners will be shown with the same frequency. A weight of zero will make the banner inactive. The default banner weight is always set to 100.
Once you have finished adding your banner, click Save and your banner will be sent for review.
Step 7) The reviewing process
At this point, everything you have to do has been done. Your banner has been passed on to our banner review team. We review all banners to make sure they meet our strict guidelines. Please allow up to 24 hours for your banner to be reviewed.
In the mean time, we recommend you start adding your other games into your account if you have any. If you have any questions that were not covered in this tutorial or in our FAQ section, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form or by using our live support facility. Good luck and thank you for choosing More Gamers as part of your marketing strategy.